Hasegawa has again set a new high with the PT27 JASDF Support Fighter Mitsubishi F-2A in 1/48th scale. This model is a fantastic addition to your Japanese aircraft collection, and also a great piece for fans of F-16. Despite having few different parts from the usual F-16 kits, modellers find that they would only invest an average level of effort in building. Highly recommended for scale builders of any skill level.
Hasegawa has always maintained their top-notch modeling standards. And yet again, they have thoughtfully put together a fantastic model parts to get this piece as accurate as possible to one of the most effective aircraft fighter. This kit is definitely a welcomed option for those interested in modern Japanese aircraft.
The Mitsubishi F-2 is a multirole fighter derived from the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon, and manufactured by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Lockheed Martin for the Japan Air Self-Defense Force, with a 60/40 split in manufacturing between Japan and the United States. Production started in 1996 and the first aircraft entered service in 2000. The first 76 aircraft entered service in 2008, with a total of 94 airframes produced. The first AESA Active electronically scanned array radar on a combat aircraft was the J/APG-1 introduced on the Mitsubishi F-2 in 1995.
The F-2A variant is a single-seat fighter version.
- Hasegawa PT27 07227 JASDF Support Fighter Mitsubishi F-2A 1/48 Plastic Model Assembly Kit
- Approximate Dimensions : 36.4 x 19.2 x 8.5 cm
- Highly detailed plastic pieces
- Limited edition
- One decal sheet with markings for 2 options
- Mitsubishi F-2A Japan Air Self-Defense Force 3 Sqn., 3 AW Misawa
- Mitsubishi F-2A Japan Air Self-Defense Force 1 Technical School Hamamatsu
- Assembly required
- Hobby knife (rmx886909)
- Cement for plastics (tes3512)
- Sprue cutters (hcahcar0630)