Hasegawa JT1 09101 P-38J Lightning Virginia Marie 1/48 Scale Model Kit
DescriptionThe Hasegawa JT1 Lightning "Virginia Marie" is a highly detailed 1/48 scale model kit which includes waterslide decals and illustrated instructions.
The Lockheed P-38 Lightning was a World War II era American piston engined fighter aircraft. It was one of the unique fighter aircraft of WWII featuring a twin engine and twin boom design.
It is used for interception, dive-bombing, level bombing, ground attack, night fighting, photo reconnaissance, radar and visual pathfinding for bombers and evacuation missions and extensively has a long-range escort fighter when equipped with drop tanks under its wings.
The aircraft served in all major theatres of the war and proved deadly to its adversaries in the hands of a skilled pilot.
The P-38J Lightning "Virginia Marie" was a production variant with improvement to each batch, including chin radiators, flat bullet proof windscreens, power-boosted ailerons and increased fuel capacity.
- 1/48 scale for static display
- 144 parts - grey and clear with raised panel lines and rivets
- Detailed cockpit with 10 parts - Seat Instrument Panel, Control Yoke, Side Panels, Armoured Headrest
- Detailed and enclosed landing gear wells
- Propellers rotate if desired
- Ordinance include : "tree" rocket launcher, (2) 500lb bombs, (2) drop tanks
- 5 part canopy can be posed open and closed
- One decal sheet with 3 options
- P-38J, "194", "Virginia Marie", 433rd FS, 475th FG, 5th AF, Pacific
- P-38J, "170", 433rd FS, 475th FG, 5th AF, Pacific
- P-38J, "K N2", "Mom", 383rd FS, 364th FG, USAAF
- Airframe Colours
- 1 & 2 : Overall natural aluminium
- 3 : Overall olive drab with neutral grey undersides
- Detail Colours
- White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Brown, Interior Green, Silver
- Gun Metal
- Length : 24 cm
- Wingspan : 32.5 cm
Made in Japan
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!