Hasegawa JT22 09122 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden 1/48 Military Aircraft Scale Model
This is Kyushu J7W1 Shinden 1/48 plastic scale model kit by Hasegawa. This WWII aircraft has gotten a lot of attention as it was then "way ahead" of its time as far as its appearance. Making this a handsome scale plastic static model display.
This is Kyushu J7W1 Shinden 1/48 plastic scale model kit by Hasegawa. This WWII aircraft has gotten a lot of attention as it was then way ahead of its time as far as its appearance. Making this a handsome scale plastic static model display.
The Kyūshū J7W1 Shinden (Magnificent Lightning) fighter was a World War II Japanese propeller-driven aircraft prototype with wings at the rear of the fuselage, a nose mounted canard, and pusher engine.
The J7W1 Shinden was developed by the Japanese in the closing months of WWII as an aircraft which would be effective against the ever more numerous American heavy bombers like the B-29. The aircraft employed a radical pusher configuration with the engine in the rear and also featured canards instead of a conventional tailplane. The prototype undertook three flight tests in August 1945 but the war ended before the types potential could be fully explored.
- 1/48 plastic scale kit for static display (requires assembly)
- Has 55 parts in light grey and clear with fine raised panel lines
- Detailed engine air intakes and cowling with 1 piece 6-blade propeller
- Cockpit detail : cockpit tub, instrument panel with raised detail, control stick, seat and interior framework
- Detailed landing gear and wheel wells
- Single waterslide decal sheet with marking for one aircraft
- Shinden No.1 Prototype Aircraft, August 1945
- Airframe Colours
- All : Overall IJN Dk Green with IJN Lt. Grey undersides
- Detail Colours
- Flat Colours : Black, green, dark brown, flesh, white, light brown, rust, light grey, dark grey, orange, yellow
- Gloss Colours : Silver, white, blue green, gun metal
- Wingspan : 22.9 cm
- Length : 20.2 cm
- Made in Japan