Hasegawa JT40 09140 P-47D Thunderbolt 1/48 Military Aeroplane Scale Model
DescriptionThe Republic P-47 Thunderbolt was the largest and heaviest single engine fighter to see service in WWII. In the early stages of the USAAF's campaign against "Fortress Europe" the P-47 was the only fighter able to provide the bombers with an escort until the ultimate escort, the P-51 B & D Mustangs entered service. However, far from making them obsolete it freed the P-47s to attack ground targets in which role they excelled.
- Detailed 1/48th scale for static display only
- 100 parts in light grey and clear with delicate recessed panel lines
- Detailed 4-part P&W R-2800 Double Wasp engine and Hamilton-Standard propeller
- Detailed landing gear and wheel wells - wheels have separate hubs for easy painting
- Cockpit detail: control linkages, instrument panel with decal detail, seat, armour plate, side panels, and control stick.
- Includes 1 centerline mounted fuel tank and 2 wing mounted bombs
- 2-part canopy may be posed open or closed
- Scale: 1/48th
- Wingspan: 25.9 cm
- Length: 23 cm
- One large decal sheet with 2 marking options
- 1: s/n 226860/L3-O "Angie", 512th FS, 406th FG, USAAF
- 2: s/n 229290/4P-H "Saucy Susie", 513th FS, 406th FG, USAAF
- Airframe Colors
- 1 & 2:Overall natural aluminum with black anti-glare panels
- Detail Colors
- Flat: Black, Aluminum, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Interior Green, Brown
- Gloss Colors: Silver, Gun Metal.
- Age : 12+
- Skill Level : 2
- Plastic cement (tes3501)(tes3502)(pls00002)(tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c)(xacx3201)(exl16001)Tweezers (tam74003)(exl30416)(tes50632c)
- Water for Decals
- Paint: see MARKING OPTIONS
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (tam74050)(zon37-145)(squ10801)(xacx7144)Toothpicks or Glue Tips (adc121)
- Adult Supervision
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!