Hasegawa JT75 09075 F4U-5N Corsair 1/48 Plastic Aeroplane Scale Model Kit
DescriptionThe F4U Corsair is one of the most important and popular aeroplane during the Second World War. It was the first carrier-based aircraft to reach the speed of over 400mph. Being that, Hasegawa was more than obliged to create a fantastic 1/48th scale representation of this aircraft with the JT75 F4U-5N Corsair. This is a 'must add' piece into your collection!
The Vought F4U Corsair is an American fighter aircraft that saw service primarily in World War II and the Korean War. Demand for the aircraft soon overwhelmed Vought's manufacturing capability, resulting in production by Goodyear and Brewster: Goodyear-built Corsairs were designated FG and Brewster-built aircraft F3A. From the first prototype delivery to the U.S. Navy in 1940, to final delivery in 1953 to the French, 12,571 F4U Corsairs were manufactured, in 16 separate models, in the longest production run of any piston-engined fighter in U.S. history.
F4U-5N and -5NL Corsair night fighters were used to attack enemy supply lines, including truck convoys and trains, as well as interdicting night attack aircraft (such as the Polikarpov Po-2 "Bedcheck Charlies", which were used to harass United Nations forces at night). The F4Us often operated with the help of C-47 'flare ships' which dropped hundreds of 1,000,000 candlepower magnesium flares to illuminate the targets.
- JT75 09075 F4U-5N Corsair 1/48 Plastic Aeroplane Scale Model Assembly Kit
- Approximate Dimension : 25 x 16 x 10 cm
- This Corsair is constructed of finely molded plastic parts
- Single seat cockpit plane powered by one 4-blade propeller engine
- Longer cowling area further exaggerates its stretched-out appearance
- Detailed cockpit interior including decals for the instrument panel
- Enlarged air intakes on the right and left undersides of the cowling
- Detailed engine compartments.
- Bombs and rockets arm this aircraft
- Detailed landing gear including an arrestor hook
- Detailed wing flaps
- Authentic metal look due to the finely molded parts
- Easy to follow pictorial assembly instructions
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 21.9 cm
- Wingspan: 26 cm
- Total Pieces: 129
- Includes One Waterslide Decal Sheet for Two Aircrafts - U.S. Nationality Symbol
- 1: NP, Navy, VC3, 21, F4U-5N Navy 124453
- 2: WF, 15, F4U-5N Marine 122189
- Airframe Color(s)
- Flat Black.
- 1: Gross Seablue.
- Flat Black.
- Detail Color(s)
- White, Black, Silver, Copper, Neutral Gray, Steel, Sail Color, Clear Red, Clear Blue, Burnt Iron, Bright Blue, Olive Drab, Yellow, Chromate Yellow Primer
- Assembly required
- Plastic cement (tes3501)(tes3502)(pls00002)(tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Paint Brushes
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c)(xacx3201)(exl16001) or Sprue Cutter (hcahcar0630)(tes8940)(exl55594)
- Scissors (xur9180et)(tam74068)(tam74031)(exl55611)
- Pin Vise (tam74050)(zon37-145)(squ10801)(xacx7144)
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!