Hasegawa JT79 09079 Royal Air Force Spitfire Mk.IXc 1/48 Plastic Scale Model Kit
DescriptionThis Royal Air Force plane deserves a royal treatment. Hasegawa made their version of this important British air fighter. The JT79 Spitfire Mk.IXc on 48 scale is a gorgeous kit that contains this finely tuned World War II aircraft. Hasegawa was able to catch the subtle shape of the fuselage and all the curves and angles that have been eluded my other model manufacturers. It is easy to put together that modelers of whatever skill level would not have any problem assembling.
The Supermarine Spitfire was a British fighter of the WWII era. It was a single-engine, all-metal, low-wing monoplane with retractable landing gear. While the Mk VI variant was being designed, an earlier Mk VC was equipped with a new more powerful engine. It was hoped that this would quickly improve the plane's performance and result in an interim variant.
A total of 5,656 Mk IX were produced and 262 more Mk Vs were converted to Mk IX. Intended as a transitional stop-gap measure for the Mk VII and Mk VIII, the variant remained in production until the end of the war, ultimately becoming the most mass-produced Spitfire version. This mark was also used as a fighter-bomber and a reconnaissance plane.
- Hasegawa JT79 09079 Spitfire Mk.IXc 1/48 Plastic Aircraft Scale Model Assembly Kit
- Approximate Dimension : 35.4 x 19.7 x 5.5 cm
- 101 medium grey plastic pieces molded to sprue trees
- Clear pieces for canopy included
- Single seat cockpit
- Recessed panel lines give authentic look
- Detailed cockpit and landing gear
- Realistic propeller and de-icing device
- Full armament package
- Detailed pictorial instructions
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 19.8 cm
- Wingspan: 23.4cm
- One decal sheet with markings for two aircraft
- 1: No. 316 Squadron Royal Air Force
- 2: No. 443 Squadron Royal Air Force
- Aircraft Colors
- White, Red, Silver, Olive Drab, Flat Black, Red Brown, Clear Red, Clear Orange, Clear Blue, Burnt Iron, FS13538 Yellow, BS641 Dark Green, Ocean Gray, BS637 Medium Seagray, BS283 Aircraft Gray Green, BS381C/210 Sky
- Assembly required
- Plastic cement (tes3501)(tes3502)(pls00002)(tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c)(xacx3201)(exl16001) or Sprue Cutter (hcahcar0630)(tes8940)(exl55594)
- Tweezers (tam74003)(exl30416)(tes50632c)
- Water for Waterslide Decals
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (tam74050)(zon37-145)(squ10801)(xacx7144)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips (adc121)
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!