Michihamono Wood Carving Tool Micro1.5mm Rounded Edge Straight Woodcarving Flat Chisel, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Woodworking
This tool is useful for carving 1.5mm extra-fine straight lines on a wood surface and can access tight spaces of wood for creating detailed wood designs.
🔒 Secure checkout
✈️ Get your order in as soon as three days*
🌏 Worldwide shipping available
This amazing woodcarving chisel, from Japan, is made of high-quality Blue Paper Steel (Aogami No.2) that keeps a smooth and clean cut all the time. The handle is made of sturdy Japanese cypress wood, and its ergonomically designed handle gives comfort and control. Blue Steel (named for the wrapping used by its manufacturer) is a type of steel used in making sharp and quality Japanese cutting tools. It contains chromium and tungsten, increasing its resistance against wear for longer lasting sharpness.
This tool is used for cleaning narrow corners and edges in your wood. It can also be used in carving small details and lines with its 1.5mm wide blade.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami No.2)
- Blade Width: 1.5mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||30 g|