Mikisyo Power Grip Japanese Stone & Wood Carving Tool 2mm Flat Straight Edge Chisel, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Woodworking
Carve wood or PMC clay with ease using this ergonomically shaped wood carving tool. Available with various types of cutting blades.
Carve stone, wood or your PMC clay with ease using this ergonomically shaped Power Grip stone carving tool. Quality made in Japan, this wood carving chisel comes with a clear silicone cap and is designed to conform to the contours or your hand to provide maximum efficiency and comfort while carving.
Specially hardened for carving soft stone, such as marble, as well as wood, this tool represents the ultimate in versatility.
Excellent for general carving and the smoothing of wood during intricate carving.
The blades are made with laminated steel and hardened for long life, and are razor sharp straight out the packaging. The overall length of the tool is approximately 14.5cm and the blade length is about 3cm. The handles are shaped from Red Beech wood.
The handles on these wood carving tools are designed to be held like a pencil for precise control. When more force is needed place the flared handle end in the palm of your free hand and push as desired.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.