Craft Sha Leathercraft 1.5mm Full Grain Natural Saddle Vegetable Tanned Cowhide Tooling Leather, A2-A4 & 400g Scrap, for Leatherworking
Our full-grain, vegetable-tanned calfskin is made in Japan from sympathetically sourced cowhide and tanned under the strictest ecological norms to the highest caliber.
This high quality, professionally tanned and skived, vegetable-tanned tooling leather is excellent for your next leather project. 1.5mm is perfect for pockets, wallets or cases. Great for tooling or carving.
This leather has been machine cut to the following size:
- A4 size (210mm by 297mm or 8.2 by 11.7), Similar to US Letter
- A3 size (297mm x 420 mm, or 11.7 x 16.5), double the size of A4,
- A2 size (420mm x 594 mm, 16.5 x 23.4), four times the size of A4,
- 400g of usable scrap leather
Available in various thicknesses and colours. Great if you want to make your leathercraft in multiple colours
Why pay for large hides or irregularly shaped scraps of leather that will see large portions go to waste? Why risk getting inconsistent quality?
Our full-grain, vegetable-tanned leather is made right here in Japan from humanely sourced cowhide and tanned under the strictest environmental standards to the highest quality. You can be assured that this leather is of the highest quality full-grain leather and will not be stretchy, misshapen, excessively fibrous or brittle.
Buy multiple leather pieces in the thickness and colour you desire for your next project. Our leather pieces are perfect for making:
Type of project
Number of A4 leather pieces recommended
Card pockets for wallets & bags
1 piece (8 pockets per A4 piece)
Watch straps, key chains
1 piece (about 3 or more items per A4 piece)
Card case, ID holder, necklace, phone, camera or pencil case
1 piece recommended
Wallets, small case
2~3 pieces recommended
Complex or biker wallet, larger cases or bags
3~4 pieces recommended
Large handbag, patchwork tote bag or messenger bag
5 or more pieces recommended
Source: A4 leather Projects book, Studio Tac
Our leather is guaranteed to be:
- Genuine vegetable-tanned, full-grain leather with no plastic coating,
- Professionally cut, ensuring clean edges and right angles,
- Professionally dyed, (where applicable) so your leather won't fade like home dyed leather will,
- Professionally skived with guaranteed smoothness and thickness of + or - 0.07mm,
- Of consistent high quality which means you can buy as many as you need and be assured of near identical results,
- Cut at right angles, ensuring minimal loss and less time spent cutting your leather.
Please note as this leather is hand-cut and is a natural product, scars, minor blemishes, slight colour unevenness and imprecise cutting of few millimetres may appear. 400g Bag of leather scraps shown is an approximation, appearance and trimming of scraps may vary. 400g Bag of leather scraps shown is an approximation, appearance and trimming of scraps may vary.