SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we may also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow and implement generally accepted industry standards.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features, interest-based advertisements on other Web sites, and storage of items in your shopping basket between visits.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, recognize you as a Prime member, and enable you to use 1-Click purchasing, among other customized features and services we provide.
- Delivering content, including advertisements, relevant to your interests on Amazon sites and third-party sites. Our interest-based ads are subject to your preferences as described in the next section.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your likes and dislikes, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may generally exercise your preferences through Your Account.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Amazon's content, products and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
SECTION 7 - AGE OF CONSENT
- By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
- If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org