Michihamono 3mm Japanese Woodcarving Tool 45 Degree Woodworking V-Gouge Parting Chisel, with High Speed Steel Blade, for Wood Carving
This 45° V gouge is ideal for producing outlines and fine details on your wood such as feathers, hairs, or leaves.
With this high-quality Michihamono 3mm V-parting tool from Japan, you can carve wood to create woodcarving masterpieces. This tool has a long, smooth handle made of cherry blossom wood, which makes the tool highly robust and easy to hold. The blade is forged from high-speed steel, which is also used to make high-quality power saw blades and drill bits. This gives the blade a high degree of strength and hardness, making it excellent for woodcarving and will last for many years. Michihamono's expert blade makers ensure that this tool is sharp and ready to use straight out of the package.
This wood carving tool has a V-shape blade with a more acute angle than a normal V-gouge (60 degrees), and can make sharp cuts. On wood carvings, this V gouge parting tool works better for creating a much deeper and narrower channel. When outlining and adding tiny details to sections of the wood, this tool is ideal for establishing separations. This tool may also be used for undercutting and texturing.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Cherry Blossom Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
|Net weight||21 g|