Michihamono Wood Carving Shortbent Parting Tool 3mm Rounded Keel Spoon Bent Woodcarving V Gouge with High Speed Steel Blade for Woodworking
This short bent wood carving tool can easily get into complex parts of the wood surface and is perfect for creating wave patterns on wood sculptures.
Made from high-quality materials, this 3mm short bent rounded veiner is manufactured by Michihamono of Japan. Its blade is made from High-Speed Steel that went through several processes to ensure the cutting edge is sharp, embedded in a strong and durable Japanese Cypress wood, making this tool last for many years of repeated use.
The keel of the cutting edge is rounder than a normal parting tool or v gouge. Since it features a short bent blade, this veiner with a narrow, deep gouge that can enter very complex parts of your wood carving without the handle or the shank bumping onto the protrusions coming from the wood surface, which can be a hassle when carving. Convenient for carving flanks of wooden Buddha statues and wave patterns on wood such as clothing.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.