Michihamono Wood Carving Shortbent Tool Micro 1.5mm Spoon Bent Woodcarving U Gouge, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Woodworking
With its 1.5mm wide blade inserted on a long and smooth handle, this tool can reach intricate areas of wood for adding fine details and finishing purposes.
This short bent U gouge, made in Japan by Michihamono, features a smooth, long wooden handle made from Japanese cypress with a simple, yet ergonomic design to give the user a comfortable grip. Embedded into the handle is the narrow blade forged from Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2 that is sharp straight out of the packaging, while this tool will retain its sharpness for a long time, it is easy to sharpen and cuts 1.5mm wide grooves on your wood.
This woodcarving tool is used for creating extra fine details on wood carving, such as hairlines, or other minute detail. Also available in 15mm, 10.5mm, 7.5mm, and 4.5mm cutting edge sizes (each sold separately).
Kindly note the blade may be inserted into the wood slightly off-centre, this is a normal imperfection in the manufacturing process and should not affect the performance of this tool.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2
- Blade Width: 1.5mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||40 g|