Mikisyo Power Grip Japanese Stone & Wood Carving Tool 3mm Flat Straight Edge Woodcarving Chisel Knife, with Wooden Handle, for Woodworking
Carve wood or PMC clay with ease using this ergonomically shaped wood carving tool. Available with various types of cutting blades.
This 3mm stone carving tool is excellent for carving the finest of patterns and intricate cuts in your stone, wood or even PMC clay. Made in Japan by Mikisyo, this Power Grip tool is excellent for ensuring affordability, erognomic ease of use and excellent quality. The diminutive 3mm blade is excellent for carving out the detailed characters found on one's personal seal (known and a hanko or inkan in Japan), but is great for other applications as well. To use for stone or PMC clay, simply grip as you would a pencil and repeatedly etch the stone until the desired depth is reached. For wood, carve out the details as needed.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||40 g|