Takagi Japanese Wood Carving Tool Small 3mm Straight Edge Flat Woodcarving Carpenters Chisel, with Wooden Handle, for Woodworking
This quality, heat treated professional Japanese wood carving tool will ensure quality results, and is excellent for general wood carving where a high level of details is needed.
This hand carving tool is made specifically for carvings in recesses and corners that require finer details.
Made with exceptionally high-quality material, this carbon laminated steel blade with a deep penetrating tang will be a great addition to your tool collection. The tool comes with already sharpen right of the box and treated to minimize the chances of corrosion.
The thinness of the laminated blade allows you to etch out fine details in your woodwork, especially on corners and recesses, work that would take broad blades forever.
The grid in the provided picture is in millimetres.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.