Michihamono Wood Carving Tool Micro 1.5mm Short Bent Very Shallow U Gouge, with High-Speed Steel Blade, to Carve Details in Woodworking
This wood carving tool has an extremely fine blade suitable for carving details. This short bent tool with a very shallow gouge is great for carving in tight spaces of wood.
Carve decorative lines and details in wood with this short bent gouge from Michihamono. This tool is forged from High-speed steel, which offers a high level of hardness and wear resistance, ensuring the tool will have a long-lasting sharpness and will provide many years of quality service. This tool has a long, ergonomic handle made of Japanese cherry blossom wood that feels smooth in your palm and makes carving easy.
This wood carving tool with a short bent, 1.5mm wide blade is great for carving details in wood. This tool is also great for cleaning tight corners in the wood where straight gouges and chisels would be difficult to use.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Blade Width: 1.5mm
- Handle Material: Cherry Blossom Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||60 g|