Michihamono Japanese Wood Carving Tool 3mm Short Bent Shallow U Gouge, with Wooden Handle, for Woodworking
This 3mm wood carving tool is suitable for carving small details and accessing areas that a straight gouge cannot. It has a short bent blade that is great for making shallow concave cuts in wood.
This high-quality woodworking short bent gouge with a 3mm wide blade is made by Michihamono, a well-known Japanese carving tool manufacturer. The blade of this tool is composed of Blue Paper Steel, which has a high chromium and tungsten content and will not chip or wear out easily. The tang of the blade is inserted in a solid wooden handle made of Japanese cypress wood, which is comfortable to hold and improves control when carving.
This tool's short bent blade is ideal for accessing areas of wood that straight gouges can be difficult to use. The 3mm wide blade is also useful for adding fine details to your projects.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||60 g|