Mikisyo Power Grip Japanese PMC & Wood Carving Tool 3mm Woodworking U Gouge
Carve wood or PMC clay with ease using this ergonomically shaped fine U gouge tool. Available with various types of cutting blades.
This wood carving tool brings remarkable results when it comes to cutting wood in the finest patterns. This sharp tool is made by Mikisyo in Japan. This tool is not confined to be used for wood only. Even carving PMC clay can be performed with it. This 3mm blade enables you to perform the carving with proper efficiency and ease. The tool is easy to handle and reduces all sorts of extra effort throughout the process. Just hold the tool gently like a pencil and carve your desired patterns on the wood without any discomfort.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.