Mikisyo Power Grip Japanese PMC & Wood Carving Tool 1.5mm Woodcarving U Gouge, with Red Beech Wood Handle, to Carve Details in Woodworking
Carve wood or PMC clay with ease using this ergonomically shaped wood carving tool. Available with various types of cutting blades.
Looking for the chisel knife that could easily enable you to handle small details of wood carving more efficiently? U Gouge 1.5mm Chisel Knife is yet another efficient tool made by Mikisyo in Japan. The handle is shaped from Red Beechwood offering the perfect grip for carving work. This tool is 14.5cm long with a 1.5mm sharp blade for precise carving. You can easily make deep cuts to the wood for your desired patterns with this knife. If you feel the need to apply a greater amount of force, the handle can be held completely in your palm.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to carve the wood any more than the blade thickness,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force should never be applied in any axis.