Senkichi Japanese Micro Wood Carving Tool 1.5mm Round Blade U Gouge, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Woodworking
Carve smooth and precise details on your wood with this 1.5mm wood carving U gouge. This tool can be used to carve in tight areas where larger gouges cannot access.
This wood carving U gouge is great for carving fine details and channels in your wood. This tool has a sharp blade fashioned from quality Japanese steel and can be used comfortably thanks to its smooth, rounded handle, crafted out of sturdy wood. This tool has excellent wear resistance and maintains its sharpness for a long time, making it a great addition to your woodcarving tools.
Use this wood carving gouge to carve round channels for adding decorative lines such as hairlines and outlines on your wood projects.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade material: Steel
- Handle material: Wood
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Length: 210mm
- Weight: 20g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||20 g|