Senkichi 1.5mm Japanese Wood Carving Tool Straight Edge Flat Chisel, with Wooden Handle and Yasuki Steel Blue Paper Super Blade, to Carve Details in Woodworking
This flat wood carving chisel is great for reaching into tight corners and hard-to-reach areas of your wood. This tool can also be used for carving fine details with its 1.5mm wide blade.
Add this flat chisel to your wood carving tools so you can start carving fine details in your projects. This tool has a wooden handle with a smooth, rounded finish that feels comfortable when held, giving you a firm grip when carving. This tool's cutting edge is made of high-quality Japanese Yasuki Steel Blue Paper Super, which has long-lasting sharpness and excellent wear resistance and can be easily re-sharpen when the blade gets dull.
This wood carving chisel has a 1.5mm wide cutting edge, great for reaching into hard-to-reach areas of your wood. Use this tool for cleaning edges and corners, as well as for smoothing out flat surfaces.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade material: Yasuki Steel Blue Paper Super
- Handle material: Wood
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Length: 210mm
- Weight: 20g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||20 g|