Sort and Refine displayed items
- Sugimoto Stainless Steel Professional Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife 18cm BladeUSD 99.99 *
- Sugimoto Stainless Steel Japanese Kitchen Fillet Knife Sashimi Bocho 15cm BladeUSD 71.99 *
- Sugimoto CM4040 Chopper Stainless Steel Japanese Cleaver Kitchen Knife 19cm x 7cmUSD 167.99 *
- Traditional Japanese Higonokami Steel Pocket Knife SmallUSD 16.99 *
- Traditional Steel Japanese Higonokami Pocket Knife 9cm BladeUSD 13.99 *
- Sugimoto S2121 Stainless Steel Professional Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife 21cm Red WoodUSD 155.99 *
- Sugimoto CM8016 Stainless Steel Professional Japanese Nikari Bocho Kitchen Knife 16cmUSD 200.99 *
- Sugimoto CM1121 Stainless Steel Professional Yanagi Ba Kitchen Sushi Knife 20cmUSD 196.99 *
- Sugimoto S2124 Stainless Steel Professional Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife 24cm Red WoodUSD 239.99 *
- Sugimoto Stainless Steel Professional Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife 21cm BladeUSD 112.99 *
- Sugimoto S2118 Stainless Steel Professional Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife 18cm Red WoodUSD 140.99 *
- Sugimoto CM1415 Stainless Steel Professional Japanese Deba Bocho Kitchen Knife 15cmUSD 286.99 *
- Sugimoto Hand Made Stainless Steel Japanese General Kitchen Knife 18cm BladeUSD 161.99 *
- Sugimoto CM6127 Stainless Steel Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife for Cooking 27cm Red WoodUSD 169.99 *
- Sugimoto S2015 Stainless Steel Japanese Paring Gyuto Petty Kitchen Knife 15cm Red WoodUSD 127.99 *
- Sugimoto CM60135 Stainless Steel Japanese Gyuto Kitchen Knife for Cooking 15cm Red WoodUSD 93.99 *
Despite a short history (by Japanese standard) of knife making, Sugimoto did make its name as one of the well-known knife brands in Tokyo, alongside bigger retailers like Masamoto Sohonten and Nihonbashi Kiya. And much like the other Tokyo brands, Sugimoto knives are made in Sakai near Osaka.
Being one of the pioneers of Chuka Bocho (Japanese made Chinese Cleavers), Sugimoto still produces perhaps the most professional Chinese Cleavers in the world. Visit any of the three Sugimoto shops in Tokyo, you'll find their Chinese Cleavers proudly featured in the cabinet closest to the cashier desk.
While Sugimoto uses a series of high-quality steels (they can be secretive about their carbon steels), and makes all knives by hand, they aren't exactly ultra-refined in terms of fit and finish, as their customers are mostly hard-working career chefs of Tokyo. When it comes to the quality of the cutting edge, the smoothness of cutting, Sugimoto knows what their customers need.