Michihamono Wood Carving Tool Micro 1.5mm 60 Degree Woodcarving V Gouge Parting Chisel, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Woodworking
Perfect for carving extra fine details on wood such as human hair and other similar detail. It can also be used in cleaning up tight corners of the wood and can access tight spaces that other parting tools cannot reach.
🔒 Secure checkout
✈️ Get your order in as soon as three days*
🌏 Worldwide shipping available
This 60º V-gouge parting tool is a quality woodcarving tool from Japan that makes the job of carving separations on a wood surface easier. It's handle is made from strong and durable cypress wood, that is well-designed to fit perfectly and comfortably in your hand, combined with very sharp 1.5mm cutting edge made from Japanese high quality Blue Paper Steel (Aogami No.2), forged by expert craftsmen at Michihamono.
Its 60º blade edge is perfect for carving deep or extra fine details on wood such as human hair and other similar detail. It can also be used in cleaning up tight corners of the wood and can access tight spaces that other parting tools cannot reach. This fine 1.5mm blade is also great for carving on small woodblocks or wooden sculptures.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami No.2)
- Blade Width: 1.5mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
|Net weight||40 g|