Michihamono Small Japanese Woodcarving Tool 3mm Straight Woodworking Shallow Sweep U Gouge, with High Speed Steel Blade, for Wood Carving
Carve to your heart's content with this premium wood carving chisel. The blade is accompanied by a long handle, making the tool easy to hold.
Carve to your heart's content with this premium wood carving chisel. This is an outstanding woodcarving tool that's light and easy to hold. The long, wooden handle has a simple, ergonomic design. This helps establish a nice grip, which makes the tool incredibly comfortable to hold.
This fantastic tool features a strong, sharp blade. This blade is a U gouge, but shallow, which makes it great for miniature cuts or fine detail work. Use this tool to reach into tight spaces and clean up your work. This tool is also an excellent choice for texturing. This premium tool's blade is tiny, but up for the task. Quality made in Japan.
Please note: The background grid in the picture is in square millimetres. The handle is approximately 18cm long.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.