Michihamono Japanese Specialized Wood Carving Veiner Triangular Blade Type 3mm Round Keel V-Gouge Straight Parting Tool, for Woodworking
The small blade is great for intricate and detailed carving, perfect for round yet deep cuts in wood.
🔒 Secure checkout
✈️ Get your order in as soon as three days*
🌏 Worldwide shipping available
This small, high quality Japanese 3mm woodcarving veiner tool, from Japan, is forged from high-speed steel which ensures the blade stays sharp for a long time and is carefully and precisely embedded into a Japanese Cypress wood handle. This tool is guaranteed to be sharp right out of the package.
Compared to the regular parting tools or v gouges, this type of wood carving veiner has a more rounded keel that is designed for creating wavy patterns on wood surfaces such as wrinkles in clothes, skin (such as the forehead of Noh masks), and other similar designs.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
|Net weight||60 g|