Michihamono Japanese Wood Carving Tool 3mm Left Skew Angled Flat Corner Chisel, with Wooden Handle, for Woodworking
This woodcarving tool works well for carving fine details into corners and small spaces in your wood. Great for small-sized applications, such as figurine eyes and limbs.
This Japanese skew chisel for wood carving is crafted by Michihamono from high-quality Blue Paper Steel. The high tungsten and chromium content of this steel, which is the same steel used in Japanese swords, ensures that the blade will have a high level of stickiness and abrasion resistance, making it ideal for wood carving. Its long, comfortable handle, which is constructed of Japanese cypress, securely holds the tang for better carving.
This skew chisel can be used to carve the corners and edges of your wood as well as to create minute details with its angled blade.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||60 g|