Tokichiro 1.5mm Japanese Micro Woodworking Tool Chisel Wood Carving Shallow U Gouge, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Wood
This wood carving tool with a 1.5mm wide shallow gouge is ideal for fine details works. This tool can also be used to clean tight corners and edges in wood.
This shallow gouge with a 1.5mm wide blade is an excellent tool to have for fine detail carving and accessing hard-to-reach sections of your wood. This tool's blade is composed of Aogami Super, a material with high hardness and excellent edge retention that will give you many years of dependable service. This tool's rounded handle design makes it pleasant to hold and improves control while in use.
With a 1.5mm wide blade, the shallow gouge can smooth out the surface of the wood as well as carve fine details. This tool is useful for making wooden sculptures, engraving, and woodblock printing.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade type: Shallow gouge
- Blade material: Aogami Super (Blue paper steel)
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Total length: 209mm
- Weight: 10g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||10 g|