Michihamono Small 3mm Wood Carving Tool 90 Degree V Gouge Parting Chisel, with High Speed Steel Blade, to Carve Channels in Woodworking
Carve to your heart's content with this premium wood carving chisel. The blade is accompanied by a long handle, making the tool easy to hold.
This amazing parting tool is made with the carver in mind. Forged from high-quality steel, the blade is sharp and ready for the wood. Hold the sleek wooden handle in comfort as you make cuts and finish up that masterpiece.
V gouge tools such as this are useful when parting two sections of wood. This outstanding chisel is parted at 90 degrees, which makes it excellent for executing geometrical patterns as well as general detailing. This first-rate tool can also approach the wood from different angles to produce a variety of results.
This tool is an excellent value. Quality made in Japan.
Please note: The background grid in the picture is in square millimetres. The handle is approximately 18cm long.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||60 g|