Michihamono Small Japanese Wood Carving Tool 3mm Flat U Gouge Short Bent Chisel
This wood carving tool has a 3mm wide blade that will smooth out very tight sections of your wood, making it ideal for relief carving backgrounds.
This high-quality woodworking spoon bent gouge with a narrow blade is constructed of high-speed steel, which provides a high level of hardness and wear resistance, making it ideal for wood carving. This tool can be used immediately out of the package since it is guaranteed to be sharp. It has a long, ergonomic handle made of Japanese cherry blossom that feels smooth in your hand and allows you to carve comfortably.
With its 3mm cutting edge, this tool is ideal for getting into hard to reach areas of your wood and carving fine detail work. Different sizes are available (sold separately). Purchase this item along with the other sizes to carve wood in a variety of widths to suit your needs.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Cherry Blossom Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.