Michihamono 3mm Small Wood Carving Shortbent Chisel Round Shallow U Gouge Spoon Bent Tool, with High Speed Steel Blade, for Woodworking
This wood carving tool is used to hollow out crevices that are hard for a straight gouge to reach. It features a spoon-like bent blade that is ideal for producing concave cuts in tight spaces.
Michihamono, a Japanese company recognized for producing high-quality carving tools, has created an exceptional small-sized woodworking short bent gouge. This tool is made of heat-treated, high-speed steel that has a high level of hardness and abrasion resistance, which is a great steel for wood carving. The blade is guaranteed to be razor-sharp right out of the package and ready to use. It also maintains its sharpness for a long time and can be easily re-sharpened when the blade becomes dull. The wooden handle is constructed of cherry blossom wood with a smooth finish, making it comfortable to grip and use for long periods of time.
This short bent tool is ideal for carving hard-to-reach areas of wood without fouling the edges. It features a spoon-like bent blade that is ideal for producing concave cuts in tight spaces. To carve wood in various radiuses, purchase this tool along with other short bent gouges in various sizes (each sold separately).
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: High Speed Steel
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Cherry Blossom Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||60 g|