Michihamono Small Straight Woodcarving Tool 3mm Round Edge Flat Chisel, with High Speed Steel Blade, to Carve Details in Woodworking
This tool can create 3mm extra-fine straight lines on a wood surface and can get into small areas to carve and produce intricate wood patterns.
This small-size, quality woodcarving rounded flat chisel, from Japan, is made of quality high-speed steel that contains chromium and tungsten, increasing its hardness and resistance against wear for longer-lasting sharpness and durability, great material for wood carving. This tool's handle with a smooth finish is made of sturdy Japanese cherry blossom wood, providing the user with great comfort and control. This tool's sharp blade is similar to a flat chisel, except the edges of the blade are curved, allowing for a smooth and clean cut all the time.
This tool is suitable for clearing narrow, rounded corners and edges in your wood. It can also be used in carving small details and decorative lines with its 3mm wide blade. This rounded flat chisel is available in various blade widths (each sold separately).
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Cherry Blossom Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||60 g|