Michihamono Small 3mm Woodcarving Tool Shortbent Chisel Spoon Bent U Gouge, with High Speed Steel Blade, to Carve Channels in Woodworking
Carve to your heart's content with this premium wood carving chisel. The blade is accompanied by a long handle, making the tool easy to hold.
This is a high-quality woodcarving chisel built with the carver in mind. The long wooden handle is light and easy to work with. Its simple yet ergonomic design makes holding the tool comfortable no matter how the user handles it.
The sharp blade is a true U gouge. This chisel is excellent for carving channels or flutes into the wood. It's also incredibly useful for adding textures or detail work. This blade may be small, but it's strong, having been made from high quality tempered steel.
This outstanding tool is a great value for money. Quality made in Japan.
Please note: The background grid in the picture is in square millimetres.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.