Senkichi Japanese Micro Wood Carving Tool 1.5mm V Gouge Parting Chisel, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Woodworking
This wood carving parting chisel has a 1.5mm wide V-shaped cutting edge, great for carving separations and fine details in your wood.
Carve fine details and create separations on your wood with this V gouge parting tool. This tool's blade is fashioned from quality Japanese Yasuki Steel Blue Paper Super with excellent wear resistance and keeps its sharpness for a long time. The handle has a sturdy and smooth construction, making it comfortable to hold and easy to grip even when carving at various angles.
This parting tool cuts V-shaped channels, ideal for separating areas on wood when outlining and texturing. This tool can also be used to carve decorative lines in wood such as hairs and furs and can access tight spaces with its 1.5mm wide blade.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade material: Yasuki Steel Blue Paper Super
- Handle material: Wood
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Length: 210mm
- Weight: 20g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||20 g|