Takagi Japanese Wood Carving Tool Small 3mm Woodcarving U Gouge, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Channels & Grooves in Woodworking
This quality, heat treated professional Japanese wood carving tool will ensure quality results, excellent for most general types of carving when a large blade is needed.
This 3mm U Gouge Japanese Wood Carving Tool is made in the traditional Japanese tool pattern. This design allows you to carve wood with a single hand, when held as one would a pencil, or with two hands when extra force is needed.
However the slender nature of the fine 3mm blade makes it best suited for intricate carvings, in the detailed nooks and crevasses of your wood work, rather than requiring broad, full forced strokes. Perfect for smaller relief carvings or woodblock prints.
The quality blade of this tool is made from high carbon steel, the tang of which is embedded deep within the smooth pine wood handle of this Japanese made tool, ensuring it won't easily be unseated. Look forward to many years of use with this affordable tool.
Background grid is in square millimeters.
Product made in Japan.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.