Tokichiro 1.5mm Japanese Micro Woodworking Tool High Grade Flat Wood Carving Chisel, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Wood
This Japanese wood carving flat chisel is made from Aogami Super (Blue paper steel), perfect for cleaning tight areas and carving intricate designs in wood.
Carve intricate details and clean up tight spaces with this quality wood carving flat chisel. Having been made from high-grade Japanese steel, Aogami Super, this tool features high hardness and excellent edge retention. The cutting edge can be easily re-sharpened when the time comes, providing you with many years of quality service. This tool has a sturdy wooden handle that feels comfortable to hold and offers great control for smooth and precise wood carving.
This flat chisel has a 1.5mm wide blade, ideal for carving fine details in woodblock printing, sculptures, and figurines. This tool can also be used for accessing narrow spaces and corners in your wood projects.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade type: Flat
- Blade material: Aogami Super (Blue paper steel)
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Total length: 203mm
- Weight: 15g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||15 g|