Michihamono Japanese Specialized Straight Wood Carving Tool 3mm Fluteroni Woodcarving Gouge, with High Speed Steel Blade, for Woodworking
This fluteroni woodcarving gouge is a great tool for carving edges and flat surfaces of wood sculptures and wood carving relief to create small and intricate details.
This specialized fluteroni wood carving tool, manufactured by Michihamono from Japan is made from high-speed steel that has exceptional hardness and resistant to wear, making it perfect for wood carving, and a cherry blossom handle that is slightly tapered on one edge to have a comfortable grip when carving.
This tool can get into tight spaces of wood carving and can create 3mm flat and deep gouges on the wood surface, perfect for carving out small and intricate background material in relief carving. The corners of the cutting edge can be used to create a fluffy finish on wood sculptures and the flat cutting edge makes beautiful and smooth cuts.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: High-Speed Steel
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Cherry Blossom Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.