Michihamono Japanese Woodblock Print Tool 2mm Burin Square Chisel with Cherry Blossoms Handle, for Printmaking and Wood Carving
This Michihamono Japanese Woodblock Print precision carving tool is ideal for woodblock carving, printmaking, and other types of wood work. Its sharp, 2mm burin square chisel allows for precise cuts and intricate carving designs, ensuring the final product is of the highest quality and making it a favorite among beginner and professional woodblock printers and artists alike.
Looking for a wood carving tool that gives you precise carving for all your intricate wood carving work? Then look no further than this fantastic Michihamono Japanese Woodblock Print Tool 2mm Burin Square Chisel that's ideal for the beginner or advanced carver. This top-notch tool features a light but incredibly durable handle made from a Cherry Blossom tree. This tool is easy to grip, easy to work with, and will get the job done. This outstanding wood carving tool is made by Michihamono of Japan. The special-edged burin square chisel is made from hard, high-speed steel designed to engrave the wood plate surface. The unique burin square chisel makes it possible to carve unique lines because burin squares are thinner and sharper than triangular gouges.
This precision carving tool is ideal for woodblock carving, printmaking, and other types of woodwork. This handy tool's sharp, 2mm burin square chisel, allows for precise cuts and intricate carving designs. This tool is a favorite among both beginner and professional woodblock printers and artists because of its overall high-quality design and usability.
Approximate product data:
- Overall Length: 135 mm
- Type of Tool: Woodblock print chisel tool
- Blade Width: 2 mm
- Handle Length: 105 mm
- Type of Bevel: Single
- Side of Bevel: Asymmetrical
- Blade Material: High-speed steel with special-edged Burin Square
- Handle Material: Cherry Blossoms Wood
- Made in Japan
To use, hold the tool at an approximately 40 degrees angle and start engraving into the wood plate surface. The blade has an adjustable length and it can withstand heavy use and can last a long time before sharpening, making it a valuable investment for any artist or woodblock printer.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood.
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes.
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade.
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood.
- Keep out of reach of children.
|Net weight||60 g|