Seigen No. 4 Japanese Wood Carving Tool 3mm Round U Gouge for Woodworking, with Blue Paper Steel Blade, for Woodworking & Printmaking
This wood carving gouge has a 3mm wide cutting edge, great for carving round channels for adding details to your wood. This tool can be used for wood carving, printmaking, and other small woodworks.
This quality wood carving tool is forged from Japanese blue paper steel with great edge retention and hardness, honed into a razor-sharp edge, making it ideal for carving smooth, round channels in your wood. This wood carving gouge has an ergonomic handle made from sturdy wood that feels comfortable in your hand and allows for better control when carving.
This wood carving gouge can be used to produce channels without the blade's corners digging into the wood. This tool has a 3mm wide cutting edge, perfect for carving channels and details when making wooden sculptures, figurines, or caving designs for woodblock printmaking.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami #2)
- Handle material: Wood
- Length: 162mm
- Weight: 25g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||25 g|