Michihamono Modeledge Extra Fine Micro Chisel 0.5mm Flat Carving Knife, with High-Speed Steel Blade, to Carve Details in Plastic Model & Garage Kit
Use this flat carving knife that features a 0.5mm wide blade from Michihamono to carve intricate patterns and details into plastic models.
Carve intricate details and patterns on plastic models with this flat carving knife with an extra-fine blade from Michihamono. This tool has a blade forged from high-speed steel that has high hardness and abrasion resistance, a great material for cutting tools. The handle is made from sturdy oak wood with a shorter design suitable for fine modelling.
This tool has a 0.5mm wide cutting edge, perfect for carving extremely fine decorative lines and details in plastic models.
Kindly note the blade may be inserted into the wood slightly off-centre, this is a normal imperfection in the manufacturing process and should not affect the performance of this tool.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade material: High-speed steel
- Blade width: 0.5mm
- Blade length: 20mm
- Handle material: Oak wood
- Handle length: 110mm
Keep in mind that this quality carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great care. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||120 g|