Michihamono Micro 1.5mm Japanese Woodworking Tool Straight Edge Woodcarving Flat Chisel, with Wooden Handle, to Add Details in Wood Carving
This quality Japanese flat chisel with an extra narrow 1.5mm blade is excellent for carving wood where intricate designs are needed.
This very narrow flat wood carving chisel with a 1.5mm wide cutting edge is made by Michihamono in Japan. Having been made from high-grade Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2, the blade will maintain its quality and strength to ensure fine results when carving. The long wooden handle is made of Japanese Cypress Wood to firmly hold the tang of this tool. It's designed to have a nice grip so you could easily hold them when you work on your project.
This wood carving tool is useful for adding extra fine details and can clean tight edges and corners in your wood.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2
- Blade Width: 1.5mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.