Michihamono Japanese Wood Carving Tool Micro 1.5mm Short Bent U Gouge, with High Speed Steel Blade, for Woodworking
With this excellent wood carving chisel, you can carve fine details in wood. The tool has a sharp blade and a smooth, rounded handle that makes it comfortable to hold.
Michihamono, a Japanese manufacturer known for high-quality wood carving tools, crafted this short bent U gouge. The cherry blossom wood handle is lightweight and simple to work with. It has a simple, yet ergonomic design that allows the user to comfortably hold the tool no matter how they use it. The blade of this tool is composed of high-speed steel, which has a high hardness and corrosion resistance, improving its carving capability.
This short bent gouge is ideal for cutting extremely thin wood channels or flutes. With its 1.5mm broad blade, this tool is ideal for carving fine details in wood.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade material: High-Speed Steel
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Handle material: Cherry Blossom Wood
- Handle length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||60 g|