Tokichiro 1.5mm Japanese Micro Woodworking Tool Chisel Wood Carving Bent Shallow U Gouge, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Wood
This bent shallow wood carving gouge is great for carving concave surfaces and getting into areas where a straight gouge would be difficult to use.
With this 1.5mm wood carving bent shallow gouge, you can carve fine details and access hard-to-reach parts of your wood projects. This tool is made of Aogami Super, a type of steel that is often used in making cutting tools due to its great hardness and edge retention properties. When the blade of this tool becomes dull, it can be easily honed to a sharp edge, giving you many years of reliable service.
The blade is held in place by a strong wooden handle with a smooth, rounded shape that is comfortable to hold and provides great control during use. This 1.5mm bent shallow gouge is perfect for getting into tight spaces and carving fine details in wood.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade type: Bent shallow gouge
- Blade material: Aogami Super (Blue paper steel)
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Total length: 209mm
- Weight: 15g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||15 g|