Tokichiro 1.5mm Japanese Micro Wood Carving V Gouge Woodworking Tool Parting Chisel, with Blue Paper Steel Blade, to Carve Details in Wood
This wood carving tool features a V-shaped blade that can be used for carving sharp grooves and channels when outlining or adding separations in wood.
With this quality wood carving V-gouge, you can carve V-shaped grooves and access tight areas in your wood. This tool's blade is made from Aogami Super, high-quality Japanese steel that has high hardness and retains its sharpness for a long time. The blade is connected to a sturdy wooden handle that has a smooth, rounded design for a comfortable grip and ease of use.
This V gouge has a 1.5mm wide blade, ideal for carving outlines and separations in woodblock printing, sculptures, and figurines. This tool can also be used for accessing narrow spaces and corners in your wood projects.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade type: V gouge
- Blade material: Aogami Super (Blue paper steel)
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Total length: 208mm
- Weight: 15g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||15 g|