Tokichiro 1.5mm Japanese Micro Woodworking Tool Wood Carving Skew Chisel, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Wood
This Japanese skew chisel with a 1.5mm wide cutting edge is perfect for cleaning edges and corners, as well as carving fine details in wood.
For fine detail carving and accessing hard-to-reach areas of your wood, this skew chisel with a 1.5mm wide blade is a great tool to have. The blade of this tool is made from Aogami Super which has high hardness and excellent edge retention, providing you with many years of quality service. With the rounded handle design, this tool is comfortable to hold and allows for better control during use.
This skew chisel has a 1.5mm wide blade, suitable for carving cleaning up edges and corners, as well as carving extremely fine details in wood. This tool is ideal for woodblock printing, engraving, and wooden sculptures.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade type: Skew
- Blade material: Aogami Super (Blue paper steel)
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Total length: 203mm
- Weight: 15g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||15 g|