Michihamono Wood Carving Shortbent Tool Micro 1.5mm Spoon Bent Flat Woodcarving Chisel, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Woodworking
This tool's straight blade edge can carve very fine detailed works and its curved nature allows the tool to access areas that are unreachable by a straight chisel.
Michihamono pays attention to the quality of each of the tools they make, that is why this small woodworking short bent chisel is made out of high-quality materials and crafted with great care and thoroughness from the tip of the blade to the end of its handle.
This tool has a very fine 1.5mm wide blade made out of Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2 that is heat-treated to create a blade with high strength and durability. The blade has a long tang securely inserted to a handle made from Japanese cypress that has a smooth and tapered shape to achieve better performance while carving.
This tool is great for producing extra fine details on your wood carving projects. It can also clean narrow corners and edges of wood inaccessible by straight chisels.
Kindly note the blade may be inserted into the wood slightly off-centre, this is a normal imperfection in the manufacturing process and should not affect the performance of this tool.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2
- Blade Width: 1.5mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge. Keep out of the reach of children.
Photos with background grids are measured in millimetres, with each square representing one square millimetre.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||40 g|