Michihamono Small 3mm Japanese Woodcarving Tool Slight Curve Shallow Wood Carving U Gouge, with High Speed Steel Blade, for Woodworking
Carve to your heart's content with this premium wood carving chisel. The blade is accompanied by a long handle, making the tool easy to hold.
What you see here is an excellent woodcarving chisel. This tool's blade is similar to the shallow U gouges, but with less of a curve. This makes the tool incredibly valuable when reaching into tight spaces or assisting with texturing. Use this sharp blade for miniature cuts or other detail work as well.
Michihamono's long-handled series of blades are light, but sturdy. Because of this, these professional tools are easy to hold and easy to carve with. The blade is tiny, but made of high quality tempered steel, meaning it is ready for most woodcarving tasks.
This outstanding tool is a great value for money. Quality made in Japan.
Please note: The background grid in the picture is in square millimetres. The handle is approximately 18cm long.
Please keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.