Michihamono Japanese Wood Carving Tool 3mm Short Bent Very Shallow U Gouge, with Wooden Handle, for Woodworking
This wood carving tool has a 3mm wide blade that is useful for smoothing out very tight areas of wood, ideal for confined grounds such as relief carving backgrounds.
This high-quality woodworking short bent gouge with a fine blade is fashioned from Blue Steel (Aogami No. 2), Japanese steel that has a great edge sharpness and edge retention. This type of steel also offers a high level of abrasion resistance and smoothness in the blade, making it ideal for wood carving. This wood carving tool has a long, ergonomic handle made of Japanese cypress wood that feels nice when held and allows you to carve comfortably.
With its 3mm cutting edge, this tool is great for carving in narrow spaces in wood and for adding fine details. Purchase this along with the other sizes (each sold separately) to cut wood in various widths based on your needs.
Approximate Dimensions & Product Data:
- Blade Material: Blue Paper Steel (Aogami) No.2
- Blade Width: 3mm
- Handle Material: Japanese Cypress Wood
- Handle Length: 180mm
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
|Net weight||60 g|