Tokichiro 1.5mm Japanese Micro Woodworking Tool High Grade Chisel Wood Carving U Gouge, with Wooden Handle, to Carve Details in Wood
This wood carving U gouge is made from high-grade Japanese steel and has a durable wooden handle, great for carving channels and details in wood.
Carve fine grooves and channels in your wood with this wood carving gouge with a 1.5mm wide blade. This tool is constructed of Aogami Super, a type of steel commonly used in making cutting tools because of its high hardness and ability to maintain its sharpness for a long time. This tool can be easily honed to a sharp edge when the blade becomes dull, providing you with many years of excellent service.
The blade is accompanied by a sturdy wooden handle that feels comfortable to hold thanks to its smooth, rounded design. This 1.5mm wood carving U gouge is ideal for carving fine details and reaching tight areas in wood.
Approximate dimensions & product data:
- Blade type: U Gouge
- Blade material: Aogami Super (Blue paper steel)
- Blade width: 1.5mm
- Total length: 208mm
- Weight: 15g
Keep in mind that this quality wood carving tool features an extremely fine, detailed blade that should only be handled with great caution. Please follow the guidelines below to avoid breaking or bending the blade.
- This tool should not be struck with any object, such as a mallet when cutting wood,
- Do not attempt to remove large amounts of wood per stroke. Trim or shave only a small amount of wood from your project at a time using multiple small strokes,
- Do not use this tool to penetrate the wood any more than the thickness of the blade,
- Never use the blade of this tool as a lever to remove wood,
- Cutting strokes should be only vertical (i.e., up or down), with minimal pressure applied,
- Horizontal shearing force, in any axis, should never be applied.
Please note: The blade edge is sharp, keep out of the reach of children. Store without the blade contacting any hard surface to avoid dulling the cutting edge.
|Net weight||15 g|